You are responsible for a range of fruits, to be sourced from all continents, including Africa, the Americas and the Far East. As a Procurement Manager you manage the entire supply chain from procurement to sales. You secure supply form smallholders as well as large plantation style farmers.
In this role you make a difference by addressing health-, ecology- and social welfare related sustainability practices
- You source new supply, build partnerships with existing and new growers
- Together with other departments you guide growers with regards to production, quality, product development, USP’s, Nature & More sustainability assessments, webpage exposure, branding and campaigning.
- You plan, allocate and manage stocks in close collaboration with account managers and category teams.
- You coordinate with various departments such as logistics, production, planning, quality control, back office, marketing, accounting and a range of external service providers which include certifiers, agronomists, stakeholders and banks.
- You are responsible for weekly account sales, market reports, crop planning, season evaluations.
- Together with Account Managers you visit a selection of retail- or wholesale customers in Europe.
- You support day-trade but also manage the strategic and long term side of the business.
- Education level: BSc/MSc preferably in agriculture
- At least 3 years of experience in fresh produce, sourcing, trade and supply chain management
- Language proficiency: Fluent English and preferably Dutch, Spanish and Portuguese is welcomed
- Excellent trading skills, affinity with retail as well as wholesale
- Affinity with organics or other sustainable farming practices
- Experience with social compliance and fair trade
- Familiar with pre- & post-harvest technology
- Entrepreneurial spirit as well as managerial skills, networker, ‘peoples business’ type
- Stress resistant, can handle the imperfections of others, reflective, self-critical, solution driven, achiever
- Good sense of humor
We ask for professionalism, engagement, and responsibility. But energy and fun are equally important! The Human Measure is central to our approach: we try to see each other's unique potential, work with each other’s imperfections and together create an achievement that we can account for towards man, company and society. We offer a competitive salary, great employment conditions and there is space for personal development.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and cv to our HR Manager Cornelie Eichelsheim at firstname.lastname@example.org, +31 180 635500.